Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My sweet little girl! On Monday Paul had asked me if it was time to get R hair cut since it had been a year and getting to be a major job to comb every day before school and church.  Yesterday morning I asked her if she would like to cut her hair and what style she would like to have. I told her R your hair is long enough 11" that we could donate it to a charity called "Locks of Love" where they make wigs for people who have had treatment due to Cancer and have lost all or some of there hair. I gave her the choice to either get dresses for the day or get ready to have here hair cut. She wanted to do neither because that would mean doing something and she just wanted to watch cartoons in her pj's. (They are off track from school). I wasn't gonging to make her so after breakfast I headed up stairs to get ready for the day and to my surprise she was in my bathroom. I asked her what made her change her mind? She told me " I went to my room and said a prayer" and she said a small voice told her to "donate your hair". What a proud mother I am that my daughter has such faith in our Heavenly Father to ask him for help..

3 comments:

Cami said...

What a sweet girl you have. How generous and kind of her to do that. I am proud of her! She looks adorable in her new haircut too!

CUTRER said...

Thank you we are proud of her to. She was happy to go mail her haif off to Fl yesterday and is ready to do it agian. LOL

mere said...

That is so awesome! I hope Dotty grows up that mature...and I hope she eventually grows some hair to donate...its not looking good right now.