What a day! Santa and I didn't get home form his folks house till 11 pm and we still had to rap gifts. We finished right before midnight and you would not believe it the kids where up at 5:30 a.m. and they would not go back to bed. This year we kept it small and closer to the true meaning of Christmas. We spent a lot of time doing Family home evening with the family. Although this year the month flew by we did fun stuff. We went to see the lights around the valley, made yummy treats for teachers and friends and went over to Winder dairy for some hot coco and scones. Each child really only asked for one gift and they where happy Christmas morning. We spent the night before w/Paul's parents playing board games and singing songs (or tried to). The next morning on the 25Th we opened gifts and had a IHOP breakfast. Well our plans where to head up again to my in laws home to open more gifts, and as we open the door to our amazement we open the front door to 2 feet of snow and it was not showing any signs of stopping. We where not able to dig out till after 6 p.m. We headed to my in-laws for a fun night of food, gifts and fun and drove home in the same winter snow storm that we thought was gone (58 min later) we arrived home. Paul very sweetly asked me "can we stay home all day tomorrow please?". So we did.
I hope that you all spent your day w/loved ones. I know that this New Year will bring much change for us all and with a great trust in our Heavenly Father we will all be able to overcome what ever comes our way.

2 comments:
So fun, Edith! You got to bed earlier than we did! Try 1:30am! OUCH! It is always sooo worth it though. I love Christmas time. your kids are adorable too. Hope you have a great New Year!
I went back to bed about 8. It was a nice easy going day it was nice. Thank you they can be adorable 95% of the time. I hope you spent a great Holliday with you loved ones an Happy New Year to you too.
Post a Comment