This Halloween was a good year. The kids each had pick out a costume that we could make at home or just buy one item and make it there own. J was a cool 50's jock, M was the Ghost rider from the movie and R after changing her mind 3 times left it at being a sweet 50's girl and so the kids and I work on making them. So we started out Halloween fun last Friday night the 24Th attending our Wards Trunk a Treat, this was great. The weather was still warm and the building is right across the street! We have not been to a activity like this in years, you see our old ward didn't have these fun activities for young family since 80% was hitting retirement age. (And the funny thing is that this year they finally did one go figure.) On Halloween the kids had there school parade and fallowing Mason 4Th grade did a cool program with all spooky songs. Then they all had fun classroom parties. (Exp J who was made that all they did was eat donuts of a string.)I help run M 4Th grade game portion of the party we played "The headless waiter". The kids had to take a balloon head on a tray from one end of the line to the next w/o dropping it. The kids and I went to Artic Circle for lunch and it was great they had the restaurant decorated. That night J was no old enough to go out w/friends and Trick or Treat and I took the younger two w/me around our town homes (Paul is the candy guy for the night this year.) It did rain a little but M & R made a killing on goodies they even got a coupon for a dentist office w/dental floss ? J said he had a blast. We have know have our Food storage supply of candy for the year!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
So glad you had a fun day with your kids. I am just glad it is over!! I think Halloween is my least favorite holiday. Way too much work and candy! The kids love it though, so I am happy for them.
I know...go figure! Just when you move out, huh? Were you here for the campout this summer...I can't remember? Anyway, the tide is shifting....we'll make those empty nesters young again!
Tiff...
I moved out right before the campout :(
You make them young you guys need that kind of fun stuff for the families.
I can't see the slideshow for some reason. I'll have to try again later.
what's up with the dental floss? Can't the dentist even take a break? I mean, there's nothing wrong with a little candy, right? The nice thing about having little kids is I get to be the regulator with the candy. Or in other words, I get to pick out all the good stuff!! :)
Erin I tell the kids its for there own good that I check, you never know there might be worms or something....... Oh and my Bro In-law is a Dentist and he says "the more candy the better the bis"
oh i can see the slideshow now. the kids look awesome!! I love M's costume!
Post a Comment