Friday, October 24, 2008

J Turns 12!


Oh no here we are starting the pre-teen stage. It was a great weekend we started out by having Papa & Pache' come up from Arizona. On J's Birthday we started out with a fun day of Football and then came home to a home made Mexican meal which my folks made in J's honor (he loves bean burritos). On Sunday we gather together at church, Paul parents and sister join us and also our good friend from Eagle Mt. the Jensen came all to help Ordain J a Deacon after church. Paul gave such a spiritual blessing for him it made me very proud. Then right after more friends and family join us in our small home to eat yummy dinner and enjoy a fun after noon full of stories and laughter. We all cheered R on as she was ready to pull her loose tooth out. Which she earned $5 from every one there. J open all his gifts and is very happy, Thank you every one he can't wait to go shopping with all the gift cards and cash. What a right of passage for him. I know that all in all the day was not just another Birthday it was J accepting a big responsibility and wanting to be like his older bro Jesus and bare the responsibilities that he expects him to honor now. He will be a great example for his brother & sister.

3 comments:

Cami said...

So great for him. We will be jumping into that arena next March when Emily turns 12. It's weird. Hey... just wondering why you only use initials for your kids names? I only remember what your daughters name is, Reyna, but the other boys, I can't remember and you NEVER write them so I don't know what they actually are! Can you tell me?

CUTRER said...

Since I made my blog public I always put only the first letter of there name.

Anonymous said...

Are you even old enough to have a 12 year old? I can't believe it!